Accurately process financial information and support stakeholders with the interpretation of financial information to enable business decision making.
Candidate Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and upload journals to the general ledger.
- Prepare and upload consolidation journals to the consolidation system.
- Provide technical assistance on consolidation system.
- Record corporate transactions in line with group accounting policies.
- Assist in preparing annual financial statements for selected subsidiaries.
- Engage with external auditors to provide adequate audit evidence in the completion of the external audit.
- Review and approve the general ledger journal allocations based on levels of authority and policy.
- Identify expense variances and investigate root cause of variances.
- Prepare financial reports and contribute to the commentary of reports.
- Analyse financial reports and information to identify area of opportunities or potential risks within segment.
- Identify and explain relationships on financial reports and advise stakeholders on the implications of these relationships and provide context to financial information.
- Advise and guide stakeholders and non-financial managers regarding finance elements.
- Attend to general finance queries within agreed time frames.
- Manage high risk and problematic financial issues in area of accountability and contribute to the development of policy.
- Identify possible process enhancements and drive the implementation thereof.
Candidate Minimum Requirements:
- CA (SA) or equivalent
- CTA or equivalent qualification
- IFRS knowledge
- Prepare company financial statements
- Some experience in accounting consolidation
- Understanding of management accounting principles
- Understanding of a life insurance environment
- Skills in Excel (Advanced)
- Business Acumen
- Client/ Stakeholder Commitment
- Drive for Results
- Leads Change and Innovation
- Impact and Influence
- Self-Awareness and Insight
- Diversity and Inclusiveness