The role requires a dynamic individual, who manage the performance, integrity and security of the IBM Db2 Database Management Systems hosted on z/OS) and engage the planning and development of Db2 databases as well as trouble-shoot database-related issues on behalf of the application owners.
- BSc Hon Computer Science or IT Degree
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal skills;
- Problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Interpersonal skills; and
- Technical report writing skills (i.e. incident reporting).
- Support application programmers with database, programming and version control-related queries (i.e. CA Endevor).
- eight to ten years’ experience in IBM Db2 database administration on z/OS operating system software and related technologies;
- Work independently to deliver work that meets the time and quality standards as expected by business (this includes design of application databases, management of physical database structures and resolution of database incidents).
- Be responsible for the installation, maintenance and support of Db2 subsystems on z/OS to enable/ensure database functionality and high availability, based on global best practice and standards.
- Display an ability to provide solutions and approaches to related database problems barring those of high complexity and risk.
- Provide management information for reporting on the quality, turnaround and impact of database deliverables.
- knowledge of COBOL-Db2 and RACF reporting programs;
- Participate in the establishment and maintenance of database standards and procedures, in accordance with Information Technology (IT) governance within the Business Systems and Technology Department (BSTD).
- Stay current with IBM Db2 RDBMS developments, and conduct research into new database technologies that would benefit and enhance the database administration function within the SARB.
- Perform database backups and restore (as per schedule), so that all data is recoverable in an emergency (disaster recovery).
- Adhere to the SARB’s IT and information security standards, processes and procedures (i.e. Change Management and Logical Access).