Purpose of the Job: To provide claims handling complex matters and to supervise the team to ensure prompt and fair settlement of Represented claims.
Candidate Responsibilities will include:
- Authorization of the appointment of experts.
- Guidance to quantify benefits.
- Evaluation of authorization of interim payments.
- Provide technical support to the claims handlers.
- Effective and efficient resources management
- Report on the performance of the section.
- Quantification and authorization of claims settlement offers in accordance with mandate.
- To promote good working relations with stakeholders and manage external stakeholders.
- Litigation management instructing and liaising with attorney and advocates.
- Ensure implementation of continuous improvement initiatives to enhance service delivery.
- Ensure adherence to corporate governance within the section.
Candidate Minimum Requirements:
- NQF Level 7(Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma) related qualification to discipline.
- Relevant 4 years minimum experience in claims environment of which 1 year must have been on a supervisory level.
Technical and behavioral competencies required:
- Personal Mastery
- Team Resilience
- Judgement and Decision making
- Emotional wisdom
- Ethics and governance
- Customer orientation and customer focus
- Knowledge of updates of earning table, pension fund and the impact on loss of support
- Knowledge of rules of collateral and accelerated benefits
- Leadership, critical thinker, communication (written and verbal)
- Computer Literacy
- Good business acumen (resource, financial and general management)
- Formulation and submission of statistical reports
Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to apply rules and internal policies correctly
- Thorough knowledge of the claims operating system